Following is a partial list of educational meetings being offered by University of Illinois Extension and others during this winter for professional landscape horticulturists.
- Illinois Landscape Contractors Association Institute; several topics and various days available at various sites in northeastern Illinois. For information, contact http://www.ilcainstitute.com or (630)472-2851.
- University of Illinois Extension Pesticide Applicator Training Clinics; 18 1- and 2-day clinics will be held throughout Illinois from January to May 2006. The schedule of dates and locations will be released at the end of October 2005. For information, contact http://www.pesticidesafety.uiuc.edu/training/training.html or (800)644-2123.
- November 29 to December 1, 2005: Illinois Professional Turf Conference, Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, IL. For information, contact http://www.illinoisturfgrassfoundation.org or (630)243-9483.
- January 5, 2006: Southern Illinois Bedding Plant School, Southwestern Illinois College, Belleville, IL. For information, contact (618)650-7050.
- January 18 to 20, 2006: Mid Am Trade Show, Lakeside Center at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL. For information, contact http://www.midam.org/ or (847)526-2010.
- February 21 and 22, 2006: Southern Illinois Grounds Maintenance School, Gateway Center, Collinsville, IL. For information, contact (618)650-7050.
- February 28 and March 1, 2006: Pro Hort ’06, Ashland House, Morton, IL. For information, contact http://www.ina-online.org or (888)525-3900.